· This is the ninth time that Enel has been included in the ECPI Indices, this time specifically in the ECPI Global Renewable Energy Equity, ECPI Global Megatrend Equity, ECPI Euro ESG Equity, ECPI World ESG Equity
· Inclusion in the ECPI Indices complements Enel’s listing in the world’s other leading sustainability indices and assessment frameworks, such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the FTSE4Good and the Carbon Disclosure Project
Rome, February 13th, 2017 – Enel S.p.A. (“Enel”) has been named for the ninth time in the prestigious ECPI Sustainability Index series, which assess companies on the basis of their environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. ECPI cited Enel’s clear long-term strategic attitude, sound operational management practices and positive work in tackling social and environmental needs as the reasons for its inclusion in the indices
The Group has been included in four of ECPI’s indices:
· ECPI Global Renewable Energy Equity Index, which selects the 40 highest ESG-rated companies active in the production or trading of energy from renewable sources;
· ECPI Euro ESG Equity Index, which is composed of the 320 companies with the largest market capitalisation in the Eurozone market that satisfy ECPI ESG criteria;
· ECPI World ESG Equity Index, a broad benchmark representative of developed market companies that satisfy ECPI ESG criteria.
The ECPI index series was designed to provide an essential tool to analyse companies’ risk and performance regarding their ESG-related activities and to assess the performance of sustainability-driven asset managers. The socially responsible criteria used to select the indices’ constituents enable investors to express their interest in sustainability issues and to move them up the corporate agenda.
In addition to the ECPI, Enel is also included in the world’s other leading sustainability indices, including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World, the FTSE4Good index, the Euronext Vigeo-Eiris indices, the STOXX Global ESG Leaders indices and the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index.
Enel's commitment to delivering the highest sustainability standards has attracted increasing interest from socially responsible investment funds (SRIs): based on the latest figures as of December 31st, 2015, SRIs own 7.7% of Enel’s total outstanding shares (5.9% at the end of 2014), equal to 10.3% of the company’s free-float (8.6% as of December 31st, 2014).
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014